Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pizza - Pancetta, Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella

Probably my favorite food is... pizza... I know that's kinda generic.  But hey, it's awesome, if done right.  I know my favorite food should be something like crab cakes, lobster and steak, corn bread and pinto beans, cajun seasoned turkey with homemade gravy or something along those lines... but its pizza, always has been... and probably always will be.  That being said, I love to make my own.  And I mean make my own, everything I can from scratch.  So on this occasion I made the dough, the sauce (with fresh tomatoes) and used fresh mozzarella and then sauteed some pancetta, onion and garlic and then used that as my main topping.  I also threw a few tomato slices on it.  So the crust needs a little work, needs more flavor.  Sauce was good, I'd like to let it simmer longer... but alas, I will continue to have to make more pizzas until I get the crust, sauce and toppings i like.

No comments:

Post a Comment