Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pork Tacos

I'm sure my roommates love it when I get a craving for a particular food...  I say this because then I cook, and I usually don't cook for just one person... so there are always left overs.  Well, last week I had a craving for pork tacos.  So I go to Familia Foods, a highly Hispanic grocery store and do some shopping.  Those that know me, know that I tend to not follow recipes (I might look at one to get an idea, but I think cooking should be something that just happens, organically).  I had found a recipe, couldn't really tell you what was in it, but I decided to get a couple different peppers, make a sauce to pour over the meat and let the crock pot do the rest.  I ended up with some poblanos, jalapenos, ancho chilies, and guajilio (not sure the spelling of that) chilies.  Blended them up, made the sauce, added some onion and garlic, a little cumin and salt.  Let the meat get nice and tender in the crock pot and there ya go.  I also added some lime juice and clementine juice (that's what I had available).  I whipped up a fresh pico de gallo made from tomatoes, onion, roasted garlic, jalapeno and some cilantro and lime juice... mouth is now watering... threw the meat onto a corn tortilla, topped with the pico, mexican queso and some fresh cilantro... done!

No comments:

Post a Comment