Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Artisan White Bread

Well, I'm in Chicago, still with no job, and I have gotten behind on some of my blogging!  Sorry!  Anyway, before I left Texas, and while I was living at my brother's house (John Paul's palace of crazy kids, lol) I wanted to try my hand at some home-made artisan bread.  Found a recipe in Food & Wine magazine, thought it sounded good... and don't forget I had nothing better to do!  Well, so far it has been my experience that I'm not really good with home-made bread... I can make pretzels, biscuits, scones, muffins and pie crust, but not bread.  It always looks pretty and delicious, and smells fantastic (if I may say so...) but it never turns out right.  So... so far, baking bread and cakes from scratch are not my expertise.... Guess I just have to keep trying.

... So I was going to post a picture of the bread (because it does look good) but the computer is having trouble loading the picture... maybe its a sign that I should give up on bread baking, haha... maybe I can post it later.   Got it...

No comments:

Post a Comment