Thursday, November 4, 2010

Texas State Fair

Last month, I think, I went to the Texas State Fair with some people from work.  Now Texas has this thing that everything is bigger in Texas, and they are fiercely proud of that fact.  The fair itself wasn't necessarily what I was expecting... there were definitely more crafts, a car show and the world's fattest pig. (Ok, i kinda expected the last one)  But if there is one thing I love, its greasy, OMG why did i eat that, stomach aches for two days, fair food.  I tried deep fried snickers, deep fried cheesecake and deep fried frito pies, all for the first time... but my favorite thing was the gargantuan roasted turkey leg!!! Grease all over my face and in my beard (pause break, my mouth is watering), ok I'm back, oh and not to mention the homeless guy asking for money or food or beer.  I am still not sure what he wanted, but I offered him the rest of my turkey leg and he looked offended, go figure.  I guess even bums don't want a greasy, delicious turkey leg... well that just saves more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment