Thursday, November 4, 2010

Random Cook Out

At some point this year, and judging from some of the pictures (which i'm not posting) early summer, my brother and I grilled out.  One such occasion we did barbecued chicken.  Now being a North Carolina native I am quite partial to a good vinegar based bbq sauce or a hearty mustard based one (NC has them both)... I did however make my own, and kinda mixed the two, a vinegar based mustard sauce with a kick from some crushed red peppers!  I believe remembering the chicken going down very smooth. 




the trick to grilling is sauce it at the end!  Dry rub and whatever before, but brush your sauce on a few minutes before pulling your food off the grill.

Next up, and for what occasion I don't remember... could simply have been because my nephew Jakob loves salmon and my brother John Paul loves shrimp, but we grilled shrimp and salmon... and not to be left out corn on the cob (with a chipotle butter, of course).



This is pretty much how I spent my days, from March till about August... good food and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment